How To Remove Podcasts From Apple Watch
- Can you delete podcast app from Apple Watch?
- How do I delete Podcasts and music from Apple Watch?
- How do I manage Podcasts on Apple Watch?
- How do I delete unwanted Podcasts?
- Why can’t I delete podcasts from Apple Watch?
- Does Apple Watch automatically download Podcasts?
- Why does Apple podcasts take up so much storage?
- Is Apple podcast free?
How To Remove Podcasts From Apple Watch : Welcome to our guide on how to remove podcasts from your Apple Watch. If you’re an avid podcast listener and use your Apple Watch to enjoy your favorite shows on the go, you may sometimes find it necessary to clear out podcasts that you’ve already listened to or are no longer interested in. Whether you want to free up storage space or simply keep your podcast library organized, we’ve got you covered.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step process of removing podcasts from your Apple Watch. We’ll cover both the native Podcasts app and third-party podcast apps that are compatible with Apple Watch. You’ll learn how to delete individual podcast episodes, clear entire shows from your watch, and manage your podcast subscriptions.
You’ll have the knowledge and confidence to efficiently declutter your Apple Watch and keep your podcast library up to date. Let’s dive in and reclaim that precious storage space on your wrist companion.
Can you delete podcast app from Apple Watch?
Press the Digital Crown to show all your apps on the Home Screen. Touch and hold the display until the View Options screen appears. Tap Edit Apps. Tap the Delete button on the app that you want to delete, then tap Delete App to confirm.
It is not possible to delete the Podcast app directly from the Apple Watch. The Podcast app is a built-in app that comes pre-installed on the Apple Watch and is part of the watchOS system.
The default apps, including the Podcast app, cannot be deleted or uninstalled from the Apple Watch itself. However, you can hide the Podcast app from the app layout on your Apple Watch by adjusting the app arrangement on your iPhone. This means the app won’t be visible on your Apple Watch’s home screen, but it will still be available in the background.
To hide the Podcast app on your Apple Watch, follow these steps:
1. Open the Watch app on your paired iPhone.
2. Scroll down and tap on “App Layout.”
3. On the app layout screen, locate the Podcast app icon.
4. Press and hold the Podcast app icon until it starts jiggling.
5. Drag the Podcast app icon to the right side of the screen or any other app icon to hide it from the main app layout.
6. Tap “Done” in the top-right corner to save the changes.
How do I delete Podcasts and music from Apple Watch?
- Remove music using your Apple Watch
- Open the Music app on your Apple Watch.
- Tap Library, scroll down, tap Downloaded, then tap Playlists or Albums.
- Swipe left on a playlist or album, tap. , then tap Remove.
- Tap Delete. The music is removed from your Apple Watch and from all other devices that use the same Apple ID.
To delete podcasts and music from your Apple Watch, you can follow the steps below:
1. Open the “Watch” app on your paired iPhone.
2. Scroll down and tap on “Podcasts” or “Music,” depending on the content you want to delete.
3. In the Podcasts or Music section, you will see a list of podcasts or music synced to your Apple Watch.
4. To delete individual episodes or songs, swipe from right to left on the item you want to remove.
5. Tap on the “Delete” button that appears to the right of the item.
6. If you want to delete multiple episodes or songs at once, tap on “Edit” in the top-right corner.
7. Select the episodes or songs you wish to remove by tapping the circle next to each item.
8. Tap on the “Delete” button that appears at the bottom of the screen to remove the selected content.
By following these steps, you can delete podcasts and music from your Apple Watch, freeing up storage space and ensuring that only the content you want to have on your watch remains. Please note that deleting content from your Apple Watch will not remove it from your iPhone or other devices. It only removes the content from the watch itself.
How do I manage Podcasts on Apple Watch?
Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Tap My Watch, tap Podcasts, then do any of the following: Add episodes from stations: Under Add Episodes From, tap Up Next, Saved, or a station, then choose the number of episodes to download to your Apple Watch Ultra. next to shows you want to add, then tap Done.
To manage podcasts on your Apple Watch, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the “Watch” app on your paired iPhone.
2. Scroll down and tap on “Podcasts.”
3. On the Podcasts screen, you’ll see options to manage your podcast settings and subscriptions.
Here are some management options available:
– Podcast Syncing: By default, your Apple Watch syncs podcasts automatically from your iPhone. You can manage this setting by toggling the “Custom” option. When set to “Custom,” you can choose specific podcasts or episodes to sync to your watch.
– Subscriptions: The “Subscriptions” section displays a list of the podcasts you are subscribed to. You can manage your podcast subscriptions by tapping on “Subscriptions” and selecting or deselecting the podcasts you want to sync to your Apple Watch.
– Episode Limit: To manage the number of episodes that sync to your Apple Watch, tap on “Custom” under the “Episodes” section. You can then select the number of recent episodes you want to keep on your watch.
By customizing these settings, you can control which podcasts and episodes are synced to your Apple Watch, ensuring that you have access to the content you want while managing storage space effectively.
It’s worth noting that the options and settings for managing podcasts on the Apple Watch may vary depending on the version of watchOS and the Podcasts app available at the time.
How do I delete unwanted Podcasts?
- A specific episode: Tap the episode. Tap Downloaded Remove download.
- All downloaded episodes: Tap Library Downloads. Tap More Remove all.
To delete unwanted podcasts, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the Podcasts app on your iPhone.
2. Go to the “Library” tab at the bottom of the screen.
3. Find the podcast that you want to delete and tap on it to open its episode list.
4. Swipe from right to left on the episode you want to delete.
5. Tap on the red “Delete” button that appears to the right of the episode. Alternatively, you can tap on “Edit” in the top-right corner of the screen and then tap the red minus (-) icon next to the episode you want to delete.
6. Confirm the deletion by tapping “Delete Episode” when prompted.
Why can’t I delete podcasts from Apple Watch?
If the “Custom” option is selected in your iPhone’s Watch app, your watch will store several episodes of any podcasts you select. To delete podcast episodes, turn off the desired podcast in the Podcast section of the Watch app or switch the playback mode from “Custom” to “Up Next.”
If you’re experiencing difficulty deleting podcasts directly from your Apple Watch, it’s because the Apple Watch does not have built-in functionality to delete individual episodes or podcasts. The Podcasts app on the Apple Watch is designed primarily for playback and control, rather than content management.
To delete podcasts or individual episodes, you will need to use the Podcasts app on your paired iPhone. The Apple Watch and iPhone are synced together, and changes made on the iPhone will reflect on the Apple Watch.
Follow these steps to delete podcasts or episodes from your iPhone, which will in turn remove them from your Apple Watch:
1. Open the Podcasts app on your iPhone.
2. Navigate to the “Library” tab at the bottom of the screen.
3. Find the podcast or episode you want to delete.
4. Swipe from right to left on the podcast or episode.
5. Tap the red “Delete” button to confirm the deletion.
Does Apple Watch automatically download Podcasts?
When you follow shows and create stations in the Podcasts app on your iPhone, recent episodes of those shows are available to download to your Apple Watch when it’s connected to power. See the iPhone User Guide for more information about following podcasts and creating stations.
The Apple Watch does not automatically download podcasts. By default, the Podcasts app on the Apple Watch syncs with the Podcasts app on your paired iPhone. This means that the episodes you have downloaded or subscribed to on your iPhone will be available for playback on your Apple Watch.
However, the syncing process is not automatic. When you have your Apple Watch and iPhone connected and both devices are within range, the Podcasts app on your Apple Watch will update and sync with the episodes and subscriptions on your iPhone. This allows you to listen to podcasts directly from your watch without needing your iPhone nearby.
To manually download episodes onto your Apple Watch, you need to download or subscribe to the desired podcasts in the Podcasts app on your iPhone first. Once the episodes are downloaded or the podcast is subscribed to on your iPhone, the Apple Watch will sync and make those episodes available for offline playback on the watch.
Keep in mind that the exact functionality of the Podcasts app on the Apple Watch may evolve over time, so it’s always a good idea to check for any updates to watchOS and the Podcasts app to see if new features have been introduced.
Why does Apple podcasts take up so much storage?
Apple’s Podcasts app automatically downloads new episodes of podcasts you subscribe to, storing them on your device. That’s convenient, but it can strain all those 16GB iPhones and iPads. Update: Apple’s iOS 15.5 update added better options for controlling how much space the Podcasts app uses.
The storage usage of the Apple Podcasts app can vary depending on several factors:
1. Downloaded Episodes: If you have downloaded episodes for offline listening, they will occupy storage space on your device. The more episodes you download, the more storage they will consume. Consider regularly removing downloaded episodes you have already listened to or no longer need to free up space.
2. Subscribed Shows: The Podcasts app stores metadata and information about the shows you are subscribed to. While this data doesn’t take up significant storage space, it can accumulate over time if you subscribe to numerous podcasts.
3. Cached Data: The Podcasts app may cache data, including artwork, episode descriptions, and playback positions, to provide a smooth listening experience. This cache can consume storage space, especially if you frequently use the app or have a large podcast library.
4. Deleted Episodes: In some cases, the Podcasts app may retain deleted episodes temporarily in the “Recently Deleted” folder. These episodes can still occupy storage until they are permanently removed.
If you find that the Apple Podcasts app is using a significant amount of storage on your device, you can try the following steps to manage its storage usage:
1. Delete Downloaded Episodes: Remove downloaded episodes you have already listened to or no longer need. You can do this by swiping left on the episode and tapping “Delete.”
2. Limit Episode Downloads: Adjust your podcast settings to limit the number of episodes automatically downloaded. You can choose to only download the most recent episodes or a specific number of episodes per show.
Is Apple podcast free?
Apple Podcasts offers millions of shows completely free. And some publishers offer premium shows, episodes, and channels that can be purchased through a monthly or annual subscription.
The Apple Podcasts app is free to use. It comes pre-installed on Apple devices such as iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches. The app allows you to discover, subscribe to, and listen to a vast collection of podcasts across various genres and topics.
With the Apple Podcasts app, you can explore a wide range of podcasts, including news, entertainment, education, storytelling, true crime, and much more. You can search for specific shows, browse through curated collections, receive recommendations based on your interests, and subscribe to your favorite podcasts to receive new episodes automatically.
While the Apple Podcasts app itself is free, some podcasts may offer additional content or exclusive episodes as part of a paid subscription or membership. However, accessing and listening to the majority of podcasts through the Apple Podcasts app remains free of charge.
By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can now keep your podcast library organized and make room for new episodes or shows that you want to enjoy on the go.
Removing podcasts from your Apple Watch is a simple and straightforward process, whether you’re using the native Podcasts app or a third-party podcast app. You have learned how to delete individual episodes, clear entire shows, and manage your podcast subscriptions directly from your wrist.
By regularly tidying up your podcast collection on your Apple Watch, you can ensure that you always have the latest episodes at your fingertips and avoid cluttering your storage space unnecessarily. With a clean and organized podcast library, you can optimize your listening experience and easily find the content that interests you.
Now that you’re equipped with the knowledge and skills to remove podcasts from your Apple Watch, you can enjoy a streamlined and personalized podcasting experience wherever you go. Happy listening!